The main components here are the oven-baked sweet potatoes and the slow-cooker shredded chicken: Recipe Yields: 6-8
🍠For the sweet potatoes:
1. Preheat oven to 425. Wash and dry sweet potatoes (1 per adult).
2. Poke (more like stab 😆) sweet potatoes with a fork about 5 times each, once on every side.
3. Wrap the potatoes in foil like burritos and place directly on the oven rack to bake, seam side of the foil up.
4. Bake potatoes for about an hour. They’re ready when you check them and can feel them give a little squish under your oven mitt.
🍗For the chicken:
1. Place 5 chicken breasts in the bottom of your crockpot. Set crockpot too high.
2. Season the tops of the chicken breasts with salt, pepper & garlic powder. Pour about 1/3 cup chicken broth overtop.
3. Place lid on crockpot and let chicken cook for about 1:45-2 hours.
4. Once chicken is cooked through, shred with two forks, mix with favorite bbq sauce and begin to assemble your potatoes! Top with pickled jalapeños, red onion & sour cream.
🔥HOT TIP: if you’re short on time…just use chopped rotisserie chicken and steamed sweet potatoes!! It’ll come together in minutes!