“Better than PF Changs”- a direct quote from David.😉 But seriously you can take his word for it! It makes a great appetizer for a small crowd or dinner for 4. I hope you love!!!!
1.5 lbs chicken thighs, cooked & chopped
1/2 white onion, chopped
15 white mushrooms, chopped (about 1 pkg)
4 medium size garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 cup Coconut aminos
2 Tbsp Apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp Honey
1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
2 tsp Sesame seeds (plus more to garnish)
1/8-1/4 tsp Red chili flakes
Salt to taste
1-2 Tbsp sesame oil, toasted or regular
Green onion, thinly sliced for garnish
Butter lettuce and/or Romaine lettuce and/or cooked rice for serving
1. Heat 1-2 Tbsp sesame oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Season chicken thighs with salt on both sides.
2. Cook chicken thighs for about 4 min on each side. Both sides should be golden brown and internal temp should be 165. Remove and set aside to rest.
3. Add a small amount of additional oil to the pan and add in chopped onion, garlic & mushrooms. Sauté for about 3-4 min, or until onion starts to become translucent.
4. Add in coconut aminos, ginger, apple cider vinegar, honey, sesame seeds and red pepper flakes. Stir and allow mixture to reduce and moisture to evaporate. Will take about 10-15 minutes.
5. While the coconut aminos reduce, chop the chicken thighs into fairly small pieces. Once coconut amino/mushroom mixture is done, add chicken and mix all together.
6. Serve with lettuce and/or rice and garnish with green onion & sesame seeds.