Because sometimes it’s a Thursday in the summer and you just need a blueberry crisp with homemade whipped cream.😍
For the Filling:
- 3 Cups of Blueberries
- 1/2 Lemon Juiced
- 1 Tbsp Arrowroot Flour/Starch
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
For the Crisp Topping:
- 3/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 1 Cup Chopped Pecans (Walnuts also work)
- 3 Tbsp Cocoanut Oil, melted (butter/ghee would also work)
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Large Pinch of Salt
For the Whipped Cream:
- 1 Pint Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine filling ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Pour into pie dish and spread evenly.
- Combine crisp ingredients and mix well, until a sandy texture is formed.
- Pour over filling and spread evenly.
- Bake on the middle rack for 35-40 minutes, until the filling is bubbling and the topping is golden brown and crisp.
- While the crisp is baking, make whipped cream!
- Combine whipped cream ingredients in a mixing bowl and put the whisk attachment on your stand mixer.
- Whisk on high for about 3-5 minutes, or until stiff peaks form.
- Once crisp is done baking, top with whipped cream and enjoy!