It’s a bird! It’s a plane! NO…IT’S SUPER CHILI!!!!! 💪🏻🌶🥬
- 1 lb lean ground beef (90-10 or 93-7)
- 1 large yellow or white onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes (no sugar added)
- 1 bundle kale
- 1 small pkg mushrooms (white or baby bella)
- 2 bell peppers (red or yellow)
- 1 lb sweet potato cubes (about 2 large sweet potatoes)
- 2 tablespoons Chili powder + more to taste
- 2 tablespoons paprika + more to taste
- 1 tablespoon cumin + more to taste
- 2 tsp garlic powder + more to taste
- 2 tsp onion powder + more to taste
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Garnish options:
- Fresh or pickled jalapéno
- Green onion
- Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Heat about 2 tbsp EVOO in a heavy-bottomed pot over
- medium heat.
- Chop onion and mince garlic.
- Add onion and garlic to the pot and let sweat for 5-10 min, till onion is translucent.
- Meanwhile, wash and chop additional veggies (mushrooms, sweet potato, bell pepper and kale).
- Add ground beef and cook till completely browned.
- Add seasonings, mushrooms, bell pepper, sweet potatoes and crushed tomatoes.
- Mix and bring to a boil.
- Continue to boil for 10 min, then reduce heat.
- Let simmer for 20-30 min, until sweet potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally to prevent burning on the bottom.
- When nearly ready to serve, add kale and lemon juice.
- Stir and let kale wilt to a bright green color.
- Taste and add additional seasoning if needed.
- Remove from heat, serve & garnish!