-15 corn tortillas (large size)
-1 rotisserie chicken, de-boned & chopped
-1 block cream cheese
-1 pkg shredded Mexican cheese
-1 can chopped green chilis (4oz)
-2 jars salsa verde (32 oz total)
-1/2 Tbsp olive oil
-1/2 onion (any kind), diced
-4 cloves garlic, minced
-salt, to taste
-cumin, to taste
-cilantro for garnish
-lime wedges for garnish
1. Pre heat oven to 350.
2. Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat and sauté onion and garlic until onion is soft & translucent.
3. Add cream cheese, green chilis, salt & cumin and mix well, until cream cheese is completely melted. Taste mixture and adjust seasoning as needed.
4. Add chopped chicken to the mixture and mix well. Remove from heat and let cool (if needed) before you start to roll your enchiladas.
5. Pour a small amount of salsa verde in the bottom of an oven-safe casserole dish. I ended up using 2 dishes (one large & one small), as the mixture made 15 enchiladas total, and only 10 fit in the large dish.
6. Take about 3 Tbsp of the mixture and place at one end of each tortilla. Roll each enchilada and place in oven-safe casserole dish, seam-side down.
7. Once enchiladas are all in the dish, cover the enchiladas with the reminder of the salsa verde. Top with Mexican cheese, ensuring all the enchiladas are covered.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-30 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted & starting to brown around the edges, and you can see salsa bubbling on the sides.
9. Garnish with cilantro & a fresh squeeze of lime and EAT UP!